An innovative and exciting new retail outlet showcasing Tasmania's diverse wealth of handmade art craft will open shortly in the High Street of this unique Australian town which boasts the largest collection of sandstone buildings in the country.
Oatlands handmade will provide a new opportunity for artisan designer makers practising in Tasmania to present their product to the increasing numbers of visitors stopping to see the restored and now working, Callington Flour Mill.
Set in an 1840's Georgian sandstone cottage directly opposite Mill Lane, Oatlands handmade will feature
- Fine handmade Tasmanian Art Craft
- Hand woven and felted textiles, clothing, outerwear & home wares
- Changing exhibitions of fine art & photography for sale
- a Spinning & Weaving Studio
- Natural Fibres & Yarns including hand-dyed wool, alpaca & silk
- Tasmanian superfine merino wool tops, spun hanks, balls & spinning supplies
- Callington Mill mementos
- Workshops & Tuition